Sunday was a beautiful day -- warm (50 degrees), sunny and still. Ann Kristin, Tove and I went on a little ski tour while Thor Gunnar and Amanda removed snow from the roof. Amanda took some time off to take her snowboard up the mountain (she walked up) in order to ride down. I wish I had photos of her doing it.
 |
| We skied through a group of cabins |
 |
| The cabins with trees growing out of the roofs intrigue me. |
 |
| So warm we had to remove some of our ski clothing! |
 |
| I dressed down to my wool undershirt. |
 |
| Ann Kristin leads the way. |
 |
The cabin as seen from our ski trail
After chicken, salad and a delicious gratinert cauliflower dish prepared by Amanda, we got ready to leave for the parking lot 7 Km away. Tove and Ann Kristin decided to ski down to the lot. I declined -- the ski tour is almost all down hill and I did not feel comfortable enough in my ability especially since my knee was not feeling great. The ladies left, and Amanda, Thor Gunnar and I packed up the trailer to the snowmobile. We took off about 45 minutes after the ladies. We passed them at about the 6 Km mark.
I road on the snowmobile behind Thor Gunnar, while Amanda rode on the trailer. Once in the parking lot it was easy to pack the cars. Then it was off to Thor Gunnar's brother's farm in the valley between the cabin and Trondheim to buy potatoes!
Thor Gunnar's brother and the brother's wife recently acquired the wife's family farm. I wish I had taken pictures, because it is a very lovely setting in the valley along the river. The farm grows potatoes and they sell them to the public. We bought a 10 Kg (22 lbs) bag of potatoes for about $10.00. The potatoes are delicious. |
No comments:
Post a Comment