Within the Fairgrounds of the Hannover Messe is a beer hall sponsored by Lowenbrau. The hall serves German food, bucket-sized glasses of beer and features a oompahpah band complete with men in lederhosen. The band was very entertaining, playing everything from "Roll Out the Barrels", to ZZ Top covers. At our table were 5 people from China, 2 from Taiwan, 1 Frenchman, 2 Portuguese, 1 Italian, one Norwegian and 1 Icelander. The hall announced a Jagermeister drinking contest, but our table declined to participate. The winning table was comprised of Danes. They drank 165 bottles (2 oz.) of the schnapps. Yikes!
 |
| The Munchener Hall |
 |
| Guess what I ordered. |
 |
| Hint.... |
 |
| Yes. We'd like 6 more buckets of beer, please. |
 |
| Yes, this is what I ordered. Called Roasted Pig Knuckles it is actually a pork shank. It was delish. |
 |
| Prosit! |
 |
| Uh, next time, order me a BIG beer, like "this" high. |
 |
| Danes do drink. |
 |
| The Band |
 |
| They were singing "I...haddd.....the time of my li-ii-ife...." |
 |
| the table cloths made for great "conga line" connectors |
 |
| Chinese girls just wanna have fun. |
 |
| "I only had 2 beers!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment