I took the night train from Trondheim to Oslo -- this I do not recommend, unless you are willing to pay for a sleeping compartment -- which I was not. The train leaves Trondheim at 11:05 p.m. and arrives in Oslo at 6:45 a.m. I tried to sleep in my seat -- more room than a coach airline seat, but less comfortable than a bizclass seat. I could not get comfortable. Finally, at about 2 a.m. I went to the "dining car" and sat in a booth drinking coffee and watching the scenery pass by. The dining car is basically a little better than a miniature 7-11 store as far as food goes; quite different from the linen-tableclothed, menued, servered diner that Amtrak supplies on the Coast Starlight from LA to Seattle. But the diner is pleasant.
The scenery on the trip to Oslo was quite nice, but it wasn't really light enough to take good pix until about 4 a.m.
| 4 a.m. coffee |
| two hours north of Oslo Next Post: Oslo. |
No comments:
Post a Comment