After sunning and people-watching, I found a nice seat inside the terminal in which to sleep. I was so nervous about missing my train, however, that I awoke every 10 minutes to hear the announcements over the public address system. I can tell you without hesitation that "due to work on the railroad line, the train to Halden has been replaced by a bus that you can board to the right of track 19. The bus will only make stops at Fredrikstad, Sarpsborg and Halden. Thank you."
I boarded my train early. It is reserved seating and I had reserved a window seat. On the way out of town, the train stops at the Oslo International Airport. Quite a few boarded the Trondheim-bound train including a young American man from San Diego, who had the seat behind me. He was on his way to visit HIS sweetheart in Trondheim. They had met at San Diego St. U.; she was an exchange student.
The young man was exhausted. He had started his journey in San Diego. His route was SD to Seatlle, then Icelandic Air to Keflavik . . . uh oh. Flight canceled. He had to overnight in Seattle, then he was rerouted through Charles de Gaulle on Air France. The plane was delayed several hours and the poor guy missed his connection to Oslo. He stayed at the airport in Paris all night. He flew to Oslo the next morning and now he was on a 6 hour train to Trondheim. Nice guy.
What follows are random photos from the train:
No comments:
Post a Comment