Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The July Visitors

Ingvild, Arild and Mari came to visit us for a week.  We had a day or two of some very nice weather in during their stay.

Apple cake and coffee in the back yard.  Clockwise:  Ingvild, Mari, Kitty, Arild, Frank.  Tove is the photographer. 
We all went to Tove's summer home on the coast for the weekend.  The weather was, for the most part, lousy.  But we still had a good time.  It was "Ocean Festival" time out there, so there were some concerts and other activities.  Ingvild and Arild went to see "Tre små kinesere" which translated means "Three Little Chinese".  The name comes from a nursery rhyme.  They are a very popular pop band with good voices, nice songs and great lyrics.  We stayed home and watched Mari.

Mari and Mormor

Peace Out.
The day after we came back from the island, Unn and 2 and 1/2 month old Ola came for a visit.  It was Ingvild, Arild and Mari's last day with us, so it was fun for everyone to get together.  Kitty got to meet her great-grandson!

"I'm cute aren't I"

Kitty meets Ola 

Tove enjoys her first grandson 
 Unn and Ola spent a week with us, and then we were joined by Ole Morten.  Ola was happy to see Dad.  While they were visiting, I came down with a 24-hr. virus that made me feel like I'd been run over by a Mack truck.  I slept for 20 hours and then I was basically fine!  Which reminds me, while Ingvild was here, she was naseous, but maintained a good appetite.  Hmmmm.....
Dad is the best.  I think Ola looks a lot like his father in this picture.
After a couple of weeks with kids and grandkids around, the house seemed really empty and quiet.  But we had no time to take it in.  In a few days we'd be off to Chicago.

No comments: