Deprived of good summer weather for the most part in Norway this summer, we (surprisingly, perhaps) really enjoyed the Chicago summer heat. Devon told us how to get to the beach by taking one bus just a couple of blocks from her home. We were very surprised to find a beautiful, sandy beach with clean, warm water (78 degrees Fahrenheit). We went to the beach twice while we were in Chicago.
I posted some pix of the beach on Facebook last week. I asked friends to guess where the pix were taken. Some people guessed Mexico, others, Spain, Norway. Gwen Morgan knew that it was Chicago. One of my friends guessed Montrose Beach, which is just a little bit north of where we were. I didn't know where Montrose Beach was until I just now Googled it.
 |
| Just after "a dip" |
 |
| This pic probably prompted the "Mexico" guess. There was another guy with a backpack illegally selling beer. "Psst, hey buddy, wanna cold one?" |
 |
| Chicago Skyline. |
 |
| View North toward the ritzy condos on the shore. |
 |
| There were lifeguards in dory boats about every 50 yards down the beach. |
No comments:
Post a Comment