Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oops!

If you read the last post, you will have noted that I anxiously awaited the July 3rd arrival of Devon, Patrick and Piper. . . .

Then, on July 2 at 6:10 P.M.:  Riiinngggg . . . riinngggg!  Hello?  Who is this?  Patrick?  Where are you?  The airport?  Would you like to talk to Frank?  Hold on.

Hi Patrick.  Where are you?  In Chicago?  In Norway!!! You're kidding.  No, you're kidding.  YOU ARE NOT KIDDING!

I hung up the phone, told Tove what was going on, sprang to the car and left for the airport.  My poor daughter, son-in-law and 11-month-old granddaughter had been at the airport for almost an hour before they could find our telephone number and call us to pick them up.  It takes at least 1/2 hour to get to the airport.

I felt horrible about making such a monumental error.  But "the kids" took it in stride.  God bless 'em.



Piper's HERE!


5 comments:

KateKwiltz said...

Congratulations on your marriage, Frank & Tove! Have a great visit with the Larkins!

And Happy Birthday, Devon!!!!

Frank said...

Thanks, Kate!

Leslie said...

Hilarious! What happened there, Frank?! :)

Frank said...

I am not sure .... I made a chart in Excel listing dates and times of arrivals and departures of friends and family members. I simply entered DPP's info as July 3, probably just placing in the wrong "square".

Leslie said...

I have a few friends biking across the us and they just made a norwegian friend doing the same thing. On the slightest chance you'd be interested....

Here's their blog: BATUS

And here's his: Crazy Guy