May
flowers snow, sleet, hail and ice-cold weather! It snowed on Cinco de Mayo! We had freezing overnight temperatures and cold days in the 40s the first week of May. The April rains had effectively melted the early April snow, but the frigid first week of May was quite surprising. Then, the past 3 days we have enjoyed clear skies and warmer temperatures.
 |
| "The Lake" last summer when Devon, Patrick, Piper and I took a little walk. |
 |
| Same lake mid-April |
 |
| Around the peninsula out there on the left is where the summer pic was taken |
 |
| Yikes |
Last weekend I bought a Weber charcoal grill. Yesterday, the weather was warm enough to use it! All afternoon it was in the low 60s, sunny and no wind. I grilled lamb chops and made a zucchini side-dish with garlic, onions, tomatoes and celery. Jasmine rice on the side. It was delicious. Today, it rained all day and the temp was in the 40s. I've learned to appreciate the good weather days.
It seems like just the other day the sun was setting at 4PM. These days it is setting at 10:30PM and it's still light after 11! The birds wake up about 3:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment