Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mild November

Last winter was one of the coldest and longest in peoples' memory here.  By this time last year there was snow on the ground that did not disappear until April.  This Autumn has been particularly mild - mostly in the 50s, which, I know by SoCal standards is friggin' cold, but by Norwegian standards is quite lovely.  The sunrise these days is not until after 8 a.m., and it sets before 4 p.m.  Because the sun is so low in the sky, sunrises and sunsets last a long time and with the mild weather, they have been stunningly beautiful. 


Trondheim sunrise, 7:45 a.m. in early November 
 The problem with capturing sunrises with a camera for an amateur like me is with exposure.  In this photo, I exposed to get darker, deeper colors in the sky.  So the foreground was basically BLACK before I photoshopped it to lighten just the foreground.  I think it turned out ok, except that the foreground is a bit grainy.  But the sky looks very close to what I saw that morning. 

No comments: